A busy week, this one kicked off with a convention, demanded time for an assignment and lesson preparation, and reminded me that I need to exercise regularly in order to keep well. So, I instituted three new things this week – the minimum word goal of 2,000 words/day, the personal word goal of 4,000 publishable words a day, and two half-hour walks each day. Since instigating these on Wednesday, I haven’t missed a walk or the 2,000-word mark, but I have missed one personal goal day. That’s not too bad, and next week, I’ll do better.
New words produced: 11,994
Old words revised: 0
Works completed: 14 (for inclusion in 1 other work)
Works revised: 0
Covers created: 0
Works published: 0
Works submitted: 0
Competitions Entered: 0
University Prep and Assignments: 7,048
- Design covers for, edit, format, and upload the following:
- Annual28—366 Days of Flash Fiction (January 2016 – moved from December 2015): Adjusted the publication date, added11,900 words.
- New Writing:
- Created 1 blog post for this blog.
The following pieces arrived last week and were completed:
- ShortStory545—The People of Walloon: a piece of flash science fiction about a first contact;
- ShortStory546—The Werrusk and the Bellegar: a piece of flash science fiction about living in the clouds;
- ShortStory547—The Halfling’s Quest: a piece of flash fantasy fiction about a halfling monk;
- ShortStory548—Tiramar and the Druid: a piece of flash fantasy fiction about a druid, a lady and a pirate’s lies;
- ShortStory549—The Dragon Queen’s Emissary: a piece of flash fantasy fiction about a dragon’s conquest;
- ShortStory550—Abigail and the Fairy Queen: a piece of flash fantasy fiction set in the dustrunner world;
- ShortStory551—The Hazards of Homework: a piece of flash urban fantasy about an urban wizard and some homework that gets all too real;
- ShortStory552—After the War: a piece of flash post-apocalyptic fiction about a library, a war and the survivors;
- ShortStory553—Almost Forbidden: a piece of flash speculative fiction about some shape-shifting birds, a forbidden tryst, and true love;
- ShortStory554—The Ocean’s Gift: a piece of flash fantasy fiction about seashells and a father’s love;
- ShortStory555—Shanra and the Iskevar: a piece of flash fantasy fiction about exploration, first contact and the ethics of conservation.
- ShortSTory556—Spiders Under Siege: a piece of flash fantasy fiction about spiders, assassins and a siege;
- ShortStory557—Tania and the Weeping Dove: a piece of flash urban fantasy about a weeping dove, vampires and a boxful of photographs;
- ShortStory558—The Peacock’s Secret: a piece of flash urban fantasy about a peacock warrior, a vampire and an organisation with a mole.
The following pieces arrived last week and are awaiting completion: