Australian Birds - White-Faced Heron (Egretta novaehollandiae)

I've seen this little guy around a lot lately, but never had my camera on me. When I finally saw him again, it was on a day when I had a case of "bad camera", but a couple of the shots are worth showing here.

He was feeding in an open storm-water drain,


not bothered at all by his reflection or the fading light,


and then he turned and started walking up the drain towards me.


At first, he didn't seem to notice me, 


but then, he stopped and took a good look,


and left shortly thereafter.

You can find out more about white-faced herons at the following sites:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go