The Story-A-Week and Holiday Extension Challenges


Well, I was wondering what I was going to challenge myself with next, and this one has been sitting at the back of my mind, so when Dean Wesley Smith mentioned this in his third chapter of Heinlein’s Rules book, I decided it would be a good way to push myself into what I was contemplating with, anyway: to write one short story a week, and submit it, until I needed it to fill a hole in my publishing schedule. Also, until the semester starts next year, I want to try and write a Carlie chapter book each week. That should keep me fairly busy, as I have to do the publishing side of things as well. So:

The Story-A-Week Challenge

  • The Challenge: Write and submit one short story each week for the next twelve months.
 
  • Story-A-Week Start Date: December 13, 2015. 
  • Story-A-Week End Date: December 17, 2016.
 
  • Short Story Addendum: This does not include flash fiction. Each short story must be between 1,500 and 12,000 words long.

The Holiday Extension Challenge

  • The Challenge: During the summer break, and the mid-semester break next year, write one Carlie Simonsen chapter book each week, and have it uploaded for pre-ordering within six weeks from completion.
 
  • 2015 Summer Holiday Extension Challenge Start Date: December 13, 2015
  • 2015 Summer Holiday Extension Challenge End Date: February 15, 2016
 
  • Mid-Semester Holiday Extension Challenge Start Date: May 28, 2016
  • Mid-Semester Holiday Extension Challenge End Date: July 16, 2016
 
  • 2016 Summer Holiday Extension Challenge Start Date: November 20, 2016
  • 2016 Summer Holiday Extension Challenge End Date: December 17, 2016
 
  • Holiday Extension Challenge Addendum: Each chapter book must be between 3,000 and 12,000 words long, and be within the tween and young adult age range. Uploading involves developing a cover, appropriate editing, and formatting.

And the good news is that both these challenges move me towards getting my publishing schedule into shape. For those of you asking after novels—let me get this on-line first; novels are next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go