Progress Report: Week Ending September 25, 2016


So, life changes; it’s the only constant you can count on. This week, I kicked my exercise program into gear, aiming for 10k/day. My ankle blew on the second or fourth day… and I was doing around 17.5k. So, my body says it’s not ready for that distance yet, at least not on a daily basis. I’ll start again, when the ankle’s better. Right now, it’s had a week’s rest, but it got knocked last night, and, after a short walk today, the tendons running up the front of the shin are creaking – that’s the closest I can get to the sensation – every time I move. Even with strapping. Even after icing. So, doctor’s is next. The next major change comes to my study, with future plans requiring a refinement to the Step Up Challenge. More of those below. Surprisingly, enough, writing got done, and, while it’s not as much as I wanted, I’m still fairly happy with that.

Overview


  • New words produced: 7,714
  • Old words revised: 0
  • Outlines and Notes: 1,855
  • Works completed: 2 (for inclusion in two separate collections)
  • Works revised: 0
  • Covers created: 0
  • Works published: 0
  • Works submitted: 0
  • Competitions Entered: 0
  • Bloggery: 0
  • University Prep and Assignments: 7,726

Story-A-Week Catch-Up Challenge Update


  • Started back into the challenge. Not sure I can make up the ground I’ve lost, but I can at least try for two shorts a week.

Stepping Up Challenge Update

Changes to future study plans meant I tore this sucker down and rattled it about. Hopefully, this will remain the only major change for a while.
  • Languages: Dropped Mandarin as a focus language, and increased time allotted to Russian and Indonesian. These languages now have two hours a day on the days I have no classes, and a half hour a day on the days I do. DuoLingo has been temporarily dropped, but will be re-incorporated at a later date.
  • Non-Fiction Reading: This is now guided by my research into Russia. I hope to start publishing short pieces to this blog in the next few months.

Ingress Challenge Updates


  • Via Lux Medal Progress: Added 15 new, unique portals to the tally for a total of 340/300 unique portals for September.

Publishing Tasks



New Arrivals


The following pieces arrived last week and were completed:

  • Poem822—The Dark Horse: a short poem about being different;
  • FF595—Oops: a piece of speculative flash fiction about an ill-timed meeting;

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go