Australian Bird: Red-Rumped Parrot ( Psephotus haematonotus)

This little guy - yep, it's the male - came to visit in our tree. I've since seen him with a little harem of females, but never been able to get close enough to them for a photograph. Watch this blog. Eventually, I manage it. In the meantime, please enjoy the shots I *did* manage to get as he sang (or chirped merrily) in my backyard.


He was pretty wary, and hard to get close to, and



 He very stubbornly stayed behind a screen of leaves.


Occasionally, he turned his back, giving me a clear view of his red rump.


And his yellow tummy.


Eventually, I managed to move around enough to get this hot.


He watched every move, so I went back inside and left him in peace.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go