Progress Report: Week Ending December 3, 2016


This week, I tried to increase my fitness routine—and, even though it is summer, I tried to incorporate my walking into my drop-off routine, aiming for a regular two-hour walk straight after school drop off. I lasted three days, before I started to get sick.
It might have been okay if the temperatures hadn’t reached over twenty-nine degrees Celsius, before I was done, on each of those days, but it did, and the rest of the week was warmer. On th fourth day, I had mild flu-like symptoms, so I rested for most of the day, but did some vacuuming and gardening in the evening, instead. On the fifth day, I was short of breath, and realised I was reacting to something local, but couldn’t pin-point what. As far as I was aware, I’m not asthmatic, although I may have become hay-feverish since coming to Canberra. Again, I rested, inside, away from the pollen, during the day, but gardened in the evening cool. I was still not a hundred percent on the seventh day, but took a short walk, nonetheless.
During this time, not a lot of writing was done, and I found myself struggling with the last two chapters of Shades of Memory. I was aiming at finishing it by the end of November, but the words were being uncooperative. My word-rate dropped from an average of 1,200 words per hour to 350. When that happens, it’s time to take a break, recharge, refresh… and do some of the chores that need to be done, go for a walk, and so forth. And that was pretty much this week.
This coming week, it’s time to follow the dated task list for the publishing side of this business – which is part of the reason why you see the increase in blogging words, this week, also. Time I got serious, right?

Overview


  • New words produced: 8,013
  • Old words revised: 0
  • Outlines and Notes: 0
  • Works completed: 0
  • Works revised: 0
  • Covers created: 0
  • Works published: 0
  • Works submitted: 0
  • Competitions Entered: 0
  • Bloggery: 0
  • University Prep and Assignments: 0
 

Stepping Up Challenge Update


  • Languages: Trying to get back into the swing of things with languages - having difficulty with the increased preparation for next year's publication schedule.
  • Non-Fiction Reading: Nil

Ingress Updates

As you’ve probably guessed from the writing numbers, I had an easy writing week, and tried to increase my walking – well the hot weather has put an end to that, until I change my routine. However, this is what I achieved this week.

On Monday, I redid 5 missions – and I'll blog about why later this month:






















I then did 11 new missions – four on Tuesday, and seven on Wednesday, in two two-hour sessions:





















  

On Tuesday, I got sunburned – Canberra summer is a time for long sleeves, not t-shirts!



The end of Wednesday's walk resulted in a pretty picture, see - check out the top row.




I also levelled, somewhere along the way:


No... Honest, guv. That, wot you see there, is not actually incoming fire from portals. No, guv, I would never attack some poor portal cos it was the wrong colour - never...

So, yeah, all joking aside, I might have been in the middle of turning some green portals blue when that happened, and they were shooting back. You don't usually get lightning when you level. It looks kinda cool, though, right?

PokemonGo Updates


Somehow, in between the ingressing, I managed to do some Pokegoing as well.

Starting the week with a level up was pretty cool:



And then I surprised myself by finding a ditto, when I had given up all hope. It was disguised as a pidgey, and I had one ball in the rucksack, so I was pretty chuffed with the catch:

 



















And I earned a badge for catching fairy-type pokemon:


So, not a bad week for PokeGo, and not a bad week for walking. 

Publishing Tasks


  • Created 14 blog posts for this blog;

New Arrivals


  • Nil

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go