Babes in London: So, This is the Plan…


If you remember, on April 9, this year, I promised you some words on this project – 10,000 over the first five days of June, to be exact. So, here’s how it’s going to work. I’ve started a day early, because I haven’t laid eyes on this beast for over a month, and I want to do it justice. It will be sharing time with the publishing and editing that has to happen for the rest of the year, but it will be the first thing that gets worked on at writing time each day.

I won’t be posting what I write on the day I write it, but I will be re-posting the adventure throughout the month. This is because I’ve changed my mind. I’m not going to stop working on it at the end of 10,000 words; I’m going to finish it during the semester break. I’ll keep posting the adventure in small chunks until you have all of it. It’s going to be interspersed by writing news and other things, but it will be there, and I’ll put a consolidated list of previous links at the end of each day’s instalment.

For those of you not sure what I’m waffling on about, Babes in London is an adventure I started writing for Fantasy Flight Games’ Fireborn RPG setting. I was hoping to be able to submit a proposal to the company, but they don’t do unsolicited submissions, so I decided I’d continue working on the adventure as a fan – because I am, and because the setting is quite challenging to write to, which, coupled with the premise, the new mechanics and the story potential, just makes it fun.

Before you ask, no, this adventure is not sanctioned in any way, shape or form by Fantasy Flight. It is not an official product, and I am in no way affiliated with them or they with me. There is no relationship between us. This adventure is mine, for fun, and for you, because some of you asked me to finish it.

Also, if you like this adventure and want to play it, please go buy the official rulebooks from somewhere where the original creators and publisher of the setting will be paid. I got mine from a Melbourne game store, but I’ve found PDF versions of the Player's Handbook and the Gamemaster's Handbook are now available from DriveThruFiction. If you enjoy their world, this is the best way to thank them.



And that’s all from me, until tomorrow. Happy gaming, all, and may your dice be kind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go