Progress Report: Week 1 September, 2017


Last week saw some significant progress for the first week of September. It also saw a massive change of expected direction, with focus shifting to finding full-time work as opposed to full-time writing. I have four months to turn that around, but I’m a realist; it probably won’t happen. Ironically, that is only going to push me to try and prove myself wrong, but I doubt I can build a liveable wage from my writing in the next four months. The next twelve was a possibility. Once I start working full-time that goal will take a little longer, especially in today’s crowded market. Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?
 

Week 1 Progress (September 3-9, 2017)


  • New words produced: 9,171
  • Outlines and Notes: 0
  • Works completed: 0
  • Works edited: 0
  • Covers created: 0
  • Works published: 0
  • Works submitted: 0
  • Competitions Entered: 0
  • Bloggery: 1,052
  • University Prep and Assignments: 2,808 (and uncounted hours)

Writing News


Last week saw some shorter works progressed, but a lot of time lost to the first essay, when it became uncooperative. I struggled with it, and, while it will pass, it probably won’t hit my Distinction average. Still, it went over time, and I’m out of time.

June-July Challenge: Babes in London


After a slow start, Babes got some of the loving it deserved and needed, this week, with almost 3,000 new words laid down, and the next five Friday’s worth of entry ready to go. If I can get another five entries done, that will see me through the heavy exam and assessment phase that’s going to hit in five weeks’ time. Ideally, I’m going to try and keep going with laying down the thousand a day I’ve been managing, but we all know what happens when I say that, so let’s not go there, okay? Just keep your fingers crossed, and I will do my best, regardless.

NOTE: This adventure is not sanctioned in any way, shape or form by Fantasy Flight. It is not an official product, and I am in no way affiliated with them or they with me. There is no relationship between us. This adventure is mine, for fun, and for you, because some of you asked me to finish it.

Also, if you like this adventure and want to play it, please go buy the official rulebooks from somewhere where the original creators and publisher of the setting will be paid. I got mine from a Melbourne game store, but I’ve found PDF versions of the Player's Handbook and the Gamemaster's Handbook are now available from DriveThruFiction. If you enjoy their world, this is the best way to thank them.




Ingress Updates


Last week’s Ingress consisted of the barest necessity. For one thing, I still felt sick, for another, I was still horribly behind on my essay and that took priority starting Monday. Yes, I did give myself time off on the weekend, but it was cold and I wasn’t well, so I got to write. This is frustrating given I’m less than 700k of reaching Level 15, and should have made it, but sometimes priorities shift. It’s been a rough week.

PokemonGo Updates


PokemonGo suffered the same fate as Ingress, although I did manage to do more catching than usual, always on the fly, and mostly without breaking stride.

Priorities for Week 2, September 10-16, 2017


This week’s priorities are as follows:
  • Finalise the second essay for university – it’s due next week;
  • Maintain 1,000 words a day on Babes, and, hopefully, get the blog entries for it complete through to November;
  • Create the cover for the Young Adult Science Fiction novel, Army Boots and Stilettos;
  • Edit Army Boots and Stilettos;
  • Upload Army Boots and Stilettos for pre-order.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go